At McAuley Catholic College, we want our students to be confident, connected, actively involved, lifelong learners, and technology is a critical component in 21st century learning.All students are required to bring their own computing device to school every day.
How does it work?
- From 2017 all students in Year 7 are expected to purchase a Chromebook from the portal below.
- This device comes with 3 years onsite warranty and 3 years Accidental Damage Protection* ($60.50 excess for ADP claims) and will take them through to the beginning of Year 10 when they should purchase a new device.
- Currently, students in all other years (Years 8-12) are asked to provide a laptop which is suitable for daily use. A range of College supported laptops can also be purchased through the Somerville Group and these also come with 3 years onsite warranty and 3 years Accidental Damage Protection* ($60.50 excess for ADP claims).
- If you choose to bring a laptop of your own choosing the school will not support or warranty the device – it’s your own laptop.
- All students are required to sign a Laptop User and Policy Agreement that sets out how the device can be used at school.
* Please note that Accidental Damage Protection does not cover against loss or theft. Parents/Carers should check against their own insurance policies and make suitable arrangements if they wish.
LAPTOP INFORMATION FOR 2018
Year 7 Chromebook Information – Coming soon
Year 10 Laptop Information – Coming soon
College Supported Chromebook cost and specifications for 2018 – Coming soon
Laptops (currently Years 9-12 only)
If you would like to order a laptop for your student (excluding those in Years 7-8) contact Peter Horan from The Somerville Group on 0284254000 or PeterH@somerville.com.au